Continuing from my previous post, I am writing my review of 5 more books which I’ve dusted this year.
Author: Mark Twain
- The classic american novel everyone knows.
- It’s a good comedy I would say. Tom Sawyer reminded me during my early days.
- Various american accents put in words were a bit difficult to read at first but gets easier after a while.
- If you are looking for a story about childish adventures or you wanted to be reminded about your own childhood I would recommend this read.
Author: Charles Spurgeon
- An unexpected surprise. Glanced the first page and ended up finishing the book in a week.
- The author speaks straight from his heart without holding back any words which can maneuver the reader exactly to where he wants to go.
- The book gives a complete insight on two subjects- faith & grace which I feel is often not put clearly in the church.
- A book I recommend every christian to grab and read.
- If you are a non-christian and you would like to know about faith or have wondered what is grace, this is where you would find the answer. You won’t be disappointed. I can promise you that.
Author: Sean Patrick
- My second book from the same author.
- A short account of the man who invented Alternating Current and changed our way of life forever.
- The author writes about the feud between Edison and Tesla which I never knew.
- As usual, the author finishes up with take-away lessons from Tesla’s life which is his never give up attitude.
Author: George Orwell a.k.a Eric Arthur Blair
- Critically acclaimed book. A short one too.
- The book takes a dig the underlying principles of communism.
- The author speaks his mind through a group of farm animals who have got rid of their master, a Mr. Jones and have started running their own farm under the leadership of a pig named Napolean.
- It’s super hilarious
Author: Ernest Hemingway
- Another critically acclaimed book. The book was awarded a Pulitzer back in 1953.
- A novella about a old man who has run into a bad luck streak of 84 days without catching a fish.
- He encounters a huge marlin on the 85th day but will get back home with it ?
- My expectations were set very high by the name ‘Hemingway’ and hence I found it to be ‘okay’. Maybe I should have expected nothing and would’ve found this interesting.
- However I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.