Continuing from my previous post here is a review of 5 other books I read during the covid19 lockdown.
Author: Nelson Tjiunardi
- A book written by a businessman / ambassador of God in earth who is also my mentor. It’s his first book.
- The book draws out a plan for a nominal christian to cultivate habits and grow into an effective one.
- The topic of eternity is discussed extensively with simple examples which helped me visualize how it’s all going to turn out in the end.
- I incorporated a few habits from this book.
- The book could’ve been trimmed.
Author: N. I. Saloff-Astakhoff
- A very old book (1941).
- A biography of a young jewish girl who lived in Russia during the world war I. Biographies about missionary workers always amaze me.
- The book details the life endured by a girl who was made an apostate and sent to the wilderness by her parents, siblings, community and lover because she chose Christ.
- The books ends with a spine chilling chapter on how the missionary was murdered on a cold day in Russia during the Bolshevik Revolution.
- It’s read that I couldn’t get off my chest for a while.
Author: Paulo Coelho
- A book everyone should read at least one in their lifetime.
- A life philosophy written with at most simplicity.
- The author does the perfect recipe with life ingredients such as love, gold, dreams, nature, religion , soul and made the best dish ever.
- I don’t have words that can help write a review for this masterpiece. Read it for yourself and tell me.
Author: Jane Austen
- Jane Austen first took me to 19th century high society England and then narrated me tale about two individuals who overcame their pride and prejudice to fall in love.
- The characters are well written. The author writes unspoken words in a relationship with elegance and ease.
- A romance penned to perfection. I can say with confidence that no other novel could potray romance better than this.
Author: Kevin Horsley
- An easy read
- Philosophy and some ideas on how to memorize anything fast and retain them longer.
- The author is a grandmaster and world memory champion
- Nothing fancy. Just the usual self help book.